Devastation Aion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion Thread

+6
Azshahadin
Snowflake
Tragic
Cloe
Munchies
Hintagu
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Suggestion Thread Empty Suggestion Thread

Post  Hintagu Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:01 am

Keep it simple and clean, that is all that I ask. Come up with suggestions that you think would be a good idea to do or to try, whether it be about, events, bosses, instances, voting rewards or gear related.

I'll start first.

Enchantment of gear/stat tweaks/New weapons

I know that alot of people have ideas about how the game should be improved, like getting rid of deity transformation, adding all the recipes of craft-able items in the recipe NPCs and things of that nature. I Personally think that they would help the game a bit and would cut down on frustration that the Devs, GMs and players deal with. But I also think there should be either be a higher level of enchantment that certain gear can benefit from. Maybe for a sword it has slightly more damage or higher amount of crit rate added so a sin can become strong enough to compete with the other classes even with the messed up attack speed.

Another thing I have noticed is that the Master Carved set seems to max out at 5 sockets. It possesses different stats and bonuses from Mastarius gear and if they were given another slot, they could allow for different players to use them for different purposes. Make a variety of builds that can be used by the players that would allow for a more fun game play.

I have noticed that when it comes to weapons that can extend, that they really aren't all that great and they lack important stats. This causes people to just use them for remodeling and it nullifies the extending capability to hit targets from a distance. I was thinking maybe the devs could use some of the test weapons and customize the stats so they are more desirable for players, then only allow them to be obtained through vote reward or something like 1000 plat medals for one wep. I would certainly vote more often or I would farm in silentra alot more knowing that if I farm enough that I can get a special weapon.

Hintagu

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Thread Empty Re: Suggestion Thread

Post  Munchies Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:43 am

I'm not so sure about the level of enchantment idea. Every class has its advantages and disadvantages, it's just how you take the opportunity to use that advantage verses their disadvantage. Although I do see your point, some classes are just OP however that's how the game was made. It just makes it harder for some classes more then others end game.

I don't see a problem with changing it to 6 slots from 5. I also agree because it has different stats on that gear which can be more useful to other classes, and that it almost measures up to Mastarius/Veille gear.

Adding extending weapons with greater stats to vote shop/farming mobs might not be a bad idea.

Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:05 pm

I suggest they make me president and fix custom guild logos lol :O
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Tragic Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:30 pm

I know this is primarily a suggestion thread, but I want to mention a couple things about what's been said.

~ Adding/changing stats or adding manastone slots to different gear sets just to make them more comparable to other sets kind of defeats the purpose of even having different sets. You have to make a choice. Do you want the gear with the extra slots, or would you rather have set affects, or different stats? I don't see how this would improve the game at all.

~ Sins are being worked on. There have already been changes made to the class itself, and while they may not be exactly retail-like at this point, they're not a weak class. You just have to know how to play it. Any kind of sword with added stats could also be used by any other class who's able to equip swords. It wouldn't do anything for sins.

~ When you use an extendable weapon as a skin, it makes your current weapon extendable. I'm using one as a skin, so I know that's true. And they're available in game already...Triroan's for Ely and Lannok's for Asmo are examples. Edit: Not completely sure if the range works, or if it's just the affect you see; so I might be wrong about this point.

~ All of the crafting recipes are available from NPCs. I'm not quite sure where you're coming from with that. Have you checked?
Tragic
Tragic

Back to top Go down

Post  Hintagu Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:04 pm

Tragic wrote:I know this is primarily a suggestion thread, but I want to mention a couple things about what's been said.

~ Adding/changing stats or adding manastone slots to different gear sets just to make them more comparable to other sets kind of defeats the purpose of even having different sets. You have to make a choice. Do you want the gear with the extra slots, or would you rather have set affects, or different stats? I don't see how this would improve the game at all.

~ Sins are being worked on. There have already been changes made to the class itself, and while they may not be exactly retail-like at this point, they're not a weak class. You just have to know how to play it. Any kind of sword with added stats could also be used by any other class who's able to equip swords. It wouldn't do anything for sins.

~ When you use an extendable weapon as a skin, it makes your current weapon extendable. I'm using one as a skin, so I know that's true. And they're available in game already...Triroan's for Ely and Lannok's for Asmo are examples.

~ All of the crafting recipes are available from NPCs. I'm not quite sure where you're coming from with that. Have you checked?

First off with the sword thing. I RARELY see any gladi who willingly uses swords in a fight except maybe a duel, Usually they stick to polearm to dish out a ton of damage. I would be suprised to see even ONE gladi PvPing against another class with duel swords, Templars could use the sword but they still wouldn't do a whole lot of damage. Even if a templar would use the sword and +15 it then it would give about 20 crit or 8 damage at most. Which isn't alot to a templar that usually needs to use crit scrolls to get above 400 crit.

Now to mix the order of the reply more here comes the armor, I do agree with you partially but still even with it being +20. Its not that bad compared to what I have seen before...Imagine refining a wep to lvl 327. One person did it on a different server which I shall not name, it gave 4000 hp and 2000 phy def to the guy before he got banned because the GMs were suspicious.

Moving on with the added slots/stat change: I wasn't meaning for it to have comparable equipment, I was meaning it to have different equipment suited for different classes. Like Master Carved Drenium will give more magic boost and concentration, while Enraged Mastarius set gives more attack and phy def. One would be for a cleric (magic boost, concentration), the other for a chanter (Attack and phy def).

Finally with the Extendable weapons: It isn't just for skins, the skin of the lannok doesn't make the weapon that has its skin extend. It just give it the look that it is without really doing it. I was meaning for a bunch of weapons that extended but were along the lines of mastarius and Noble Horned Dragon Emperor in damage while being able to extend. This will also motivate others to vote/join for the server or farm for long periods of time while promoting PvP. Maybe like the price of 800 vote points for one of them?

Hintagu

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowflake Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:08 pm

I see no point of changing the game mechanic other than fixing the bugs. What makes a certain class overpowered mainly is due to auto-stigma learn.

The couple things I would like to see changed are below...
1. Add titles to the vote shops since most quests are bugged.
2. Reduce the cost of abg/gbg 1h weapon/shield to 250 points each instead of 500.
3. Add the missing manastones and other craft materials to the vendors.
4. Take out auto learn stigma so no class can be overpowered but make stigma shards easily obtainable.
Snowflake
Snowflake

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:07 pm

1 handed are 500 because they can't be fused.
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowflake Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:48 pm

Most player do not fuse pvp weapon together because attack speed, casting speed and pvp damage bonus does not stack together. But for 1h user who want to buy 2 weapons or 1 weapon 1 shield have to spend 2x more vote points.
Snowflake
Snowflake

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:05 am

Well then that's good for 1 handed class I would say. Having 2 1 handed ABG weapons is an advantage, no? Seeing as you have 2 completely different weapons there for you keep all the bonuses of both weapons.

All because 2 handed classes choose not to fuse an ABG weapon with another ABG doesn't mean they should lower the price of 1 handed weapons, that's just my opinion.
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:43 pm

I have Ui for Aion that basically changes all the tan color in the windows to a very stylish red and black laval-like theme, it looks alot cooler then the original and should be implemented into the Deva Aions patch lol :<

this UI is the exact same as the one before, except its a more attractive color then that ugly tan, and might prompt more players to play, as well as its easy to install and just plain cool.

SS of what it looks like :

Suggestion Thread Aion0010

if the devs want to add this to the RAR file that installs Deva Aion all they would have to add to the rar file would be a folder named Textures, then inside that directory a folder named ui, then place the 5 dds files from the rar file im going to supply into that folder,
then people would use the Deva Patch, and get Deva Aion + a fitting UI for an EPIC server like this,
cause an epic server I think deserves an epic color for their menus and such

so what do you guys say?

http://www.mediafire.com/?bfuq7v3tp831wwr

Last edited by Cloe on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Hintagu Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:35 am

good idea

Hintagu

Back to top Go down

Post  Azshahadin Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Please can you allow players to use //dyeself?

And can you add Lukea's Saber to drops or vote reward?...
http://aion.mmorpg-life.com/aion-items/lukeas-saber/67472/
And all the other nice skin weapons Very Happy

Smile
Azshahadin
Azshahadin

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:16 pm

I approve this message. These are two of the things I've been waiting for to be added.
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:07 pm

since your adding cool items , since you added the fire head why not the fire ring too? , theres also a water ring, that makes a cool blue aurora around your character,

also fix the Hair Color Spray feature at the Daeva of Cosmetics, so we dont have to save up vote points just to dye our hair xD

Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Makiboi Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Azshahadin wrote:Please can you allow players to use //dyeself?

yes plis

Makiboi

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:23 am

the 12 hour wait for voting is fine, but the number of points , and the number of sites you can vote for TO get points, is horrible,

if you had like, 10 vote sites total, then that would mean 100 vote points every 12 hours, which I think is fair,

instead of 30 vote points ever 12 hours
plus, to even get ONE piece of ABG , it would take you nearly a week
if you raised the number of vote sites, people could get Abg gear quicker, so people can get to PVPing quicker, and you might be thinking
"Oh if we make obtaining the best gear in the game easier then people would get bored and leave" , not true, because PVP's outcome is always different, which means its always changing , which means it hardy ever gets boring. Please consider this.

Also last time I actually farmed AP relics it gave me 50,000 ap a pop, and I go redeem one today, and only 5,000 ap WHAAAAT!?,
in the time it took me to kill that freaking Jotun to get that, I could have killed like 4 or 5 mobs in the core to get just as much, thats extremely crap right there,
if you expect to keep players on your server by just making them farm the whole time so that they are kept busy then you wont be very sucessful,

You should keep them on your server by making equipment farming enjoyable and highly easy, and a PVP expierence like never before,
instead of a outrageous farming experience thats worse then ever before <.<.

I doubt that any dev gives a half of a rats butt about what im saying on the forums but if like atleast 4-5 people agree then hopefully something will be done
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:43 am

I'm not so sure I agree with "making equipment farming enjoyable and highly easy". Their are many low rate servers out their that are very popular, and that it takes time and effort to obtain certain gear. Though I'm not trying to compare this server with others, that goes without saying I do agree with making some aspects of the game harder for no reason. Either make the server hard or easy, plain and simple. That's just my opinion though.
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:20 am

well with Devastation every game they try to host they boast a wonderful PVP experience like never before, and that Oh pvps soo great , and with things the way they are now, takes ages just to GET to that experience.

Its like they advertise a Easy and they have a Hard if you get what im saying by that.

and if this was a PVE & PVP server then yes, I wouldn't mind the "hard" , however its a high rate PVP server according to Supreme's post on the DPW forums

"PvP High Rate Server, Long Term, Free Fly, Skills Auto Learn, All Working Pets,
Skills, Quests, NPCs, MOBs, Instances, Medals Rewarded for pvp, Good Support,"

"PvP High Rate Server" LOOOOL, 5k Ap per relic, 30 vote points every 12 hours just for items that cost 500 ap each? Not high rate to me.
Free Fly? I cannot fly in Silentra, (but that may just be me)
All Working Quests? looool
All working instances? .......... -.-'

"[Features]
•supports aion client 2.1.0.3
•Max Level 55
•200x Exp Rate
•100x Kinah Rate
•200x Drop Rate
•150x Quest Rate
•200x Group Rate
•100x Abyss points Rate"

100x Abyss points rate? rofl
so let me get this straight, since relics here give you 5k Ap,
the ones in official give you 50 AP?! Yeah dont think so.....

"• Free Fly everywhere"

hahaha, Supreme change your post on DPW Forums to say
"Free fly everywhere except Gelkmaros and Inggison" <.<

"• Legion system with many advanced features, legion warehouse"
Except for Custom Guild Logos which by the way I mentioned over a month or so ago and still has not been fixed...

"• Player class change."
lolwut

the sources of theese statements are https://devastationaion.forumotion.com/t1-welcome-to-devastionaion there and....
http://mmodevastation.net/forums/showthread.php?p=25108#post25108

Last edited by Cloe on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowflake Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:35 am

I highly disagree with this part here as you can easily use elite 50 and primus 55 to pvp. They are easy to obtain and give comparable pvp damage and pvp defense opposed to abg/gbg. I would keep the way the voting system works now, but instead make it 3 points for each vote and then add 7 more links to click on. So people still get 30 points per 12 hour of voting. If you make it 100 points per 12 hour, then what will happen to those who actually spend their time to vote but only get 30 points per 12 hour?

People who is afraid to pvp will still be staying in main town even though they get free abg/gbg handed to them. In my opinion, abg/gbg should not even be in the vote shop since it is a pvp set. Any pvp set should be only obtained from pvp instead of voting or farming medals. If you don't pvp, then why do you even need a pvp set to begin with? Most player who enjoy to pvp do it with pve gear, and then slowly work their way up until they get it. I did the same thing in aion do or die.

As for the bosses, you can easily gear up by crafting your own items first, and then farm up lv190 enchantment stones make it +15. You will be good to pvp or farm any boss. I even start to pvp with starter lv40 gear +0, 30 abyss accessories and scrolls/potions (my first kill was raizo :p). One who enjoy pvp does not care what gear he/she is in and will always enjoy pvp. One who does not like pvp will find excuse like I won't pvp until I get abg/gbg, too much ap loss, lag, out numbered, or any other lame excuse he/she can find. Strength and growth only comes from continuous struggle and effort, be happy that you find someone who you can never defeat and find a way to defeat that opponent one day.
Snowflake
Snowflake

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:43 am

Snowflake wrote:I highly disagree with this part here as you can easily use elite 50 and primus 55 to pvp. They are easy to obtain and give comparable pvp damage and pvp defense opposed to abg/gbg. I would keep the way the voting system works now, but instead make it 3 points for each vote and then add 7 more links to click on. So people still get 30 points per 12 hour of voting. If you make it 100 points per 12 hour, then what will happen to those who actually spend their time to vote but only get 30 points per 12 hour?

People who is afraid to pvp will still be staying in main town even though they get free abg/gbg handed to them. In my opinion, abg/gbg should not even be in the vote shop since it is a pvp set. Any pvp set should be only obtained from pvp instead of voting or farming medals. If you don't pvp, then why do you even need a pvp set to begin with? Most player who enjoy to pvp do it with pve gear, and then slowly work their way up until they get it. I did the same thing in aion do or die.

As for the bosses, you can easily gear up by crafting your own items first, and then farm up lv190 enchantment stones make it +15. You will be good to pvp or farm any boss. I even start to pvp with starter lv40 gear +0, 30 abyss accessories and scrolls/potions (my first kill was raizo :p). One who enjoy pvp does not care what gear he/she is in and will always enjoy pvp. One who does not like pvp will find excuse like I won't pvp until I get abg/gbg, too much ap loss, lag, out numbered, or any other lame excuse he/she can find. Strength and growth only comes from continuous struggle and effort, be happy that you find someone who you can never defeat and find a way to defeat that opponent one day.

This thread is not only about PvPing. Right now we are talking about the rates of the items you get from killing bosses among other things. I do agree that the 50 and 55 PvP sets in game are easy to get, that's if you find people willing to spend time doing it. If the PvP sets were taken out of vote shop what else would their be to vote for? Dye?
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowflake Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:00 pm

Things can be added into vote shops.

1. Title since quests are bugged.
2. Potions/scrolls can have unlimited amount of charges, but share the same cd as regular ones. Perfect for the one who use them alot.
3. Special remodel sets that cannot be found in npc.

Crafted items are almost as good as vellie/masta/stormwing/ragnarok/omega. You never have to actually go out to do anything, but to stay in town and craft them yourself. As soon as you find a group who is willing to farm boss with you, you can change it to the best pve items in game or just solo farm 50/55 pvp gear. I think it's just matter of preference that people prefer to start new into a server and the best obtainable gear in game is handed to them. Let's suppose when you start new in this server, you are instant lv55, fully equipped with +15 abg/gbg gear, 1000+ potion/scrolls. What are you going to do after? pvp and then?

Snowflake
Snowflake

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Yup, PvP is ultimately the last thing to do. However their is little to no PvP on the server yet. I'm not interesting in fighting the same 5 people over and over even if I can't defeat them. Your ambitions are not the same as mine.

I also have been waiting for things to be added to vote shop, it's only a matter of time I guess. Whether they add more vote sites and change the points you get from voting, well we will find out.
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:21 pm

I highly disagree with this part here as you can easily use elite 50 and primus 55 to pvp. They are easy to obtain and give comparable pvp damage

With relics giving you 5k AP and one piece of Primus costing you like what, one million ap or so?, I dont see how its Easy,

And it doesnt matter what your opinion is because what Supreme, and Chaos stated in their posts on the Rates of the server, is entirely false if you have relics giving you 5k ap , and only 30 vote points every 12 hours with stuff costing 500 vote points a piece and you gotta get like 16 times 500 for a full set,

Medals arent hard,

but just because your willing to farm your butt off on what is supposed to be a PVP server does not change the obvious[/b
]
facts [b]that I stated.

If you make it 100 points per 12 hour, then what will happen to those who actually spend their time to vote but only get 30 points per 12 hour?
um what are you trying to say, if the vote points are raised even the people who spend their time to vote would get increased points, I did not understand what you were getting at there. And on a PVP server, you shouldn't spend your time voting, or farming, or whatever you claim to be easy, you should spend it PVPing , like the server was meant to be!

People who is afraid to pvp will still be staying in main town even though they get free abg/gbg handed to them. In my opinion, abg/gbg should not even be in the vote shop since it is a pvp set. Any pvp set should be only obtained from pvp instead of voting or farming medals.

First off its not free, because if you get 100 vote points per 12 hours, that would take you 60 hours to get one piece of ABG, since 100 x 5 = 500 and 12 x 5 = 60 (hours)
60 hours? , 2 days in a half, to get one measly item ? Yeah, not handed to them...
Pvp sets should not be obtained through PVP because if your running into PVP with no PVP gear to PVP with, then how in hell do you expect anyone to kill people, TO GET the gear in the first place, seriously?

and if its not obtained by voting then guess what, the server gets less popular and less players come here, which means basically, the server dies,
so that suggestion of yours doesn't sound too good once its explained out now does it?
and as for people who hide in the main city and dont pvp, thats their choice and dont judge people for what they want to do, what they want to do, IS not , your business, ever.

Most player who enjoy to pvp do it with pve gear, and then slowly work their way up until they get it

lol on what planet are you living on,
just about everyone farms up some mastarius and omega and Ragnarok, so they can farm Jotuns in silentra forever until they EVENTUALLY get primus

One who does not like pvp will find excuse like I won't pvp until I get abg/gbg, too much ap loss, lag, out numbered, or any other lame excuse he/she can find.

Okay now your just being ridiculous,
they arent excuses , they are very important faults this server has, and if you think you can just run right into pvp and take on some dude with full Primus with that level 40 starting gear, then you seriously got a few screws loose in your head, becasue the person with Primus would 4 hit that player with the level 40 gear,

Strength and growth only comes from continuous struggle and effort, be happy that you find someone who you can never defeat and find a way to defeat that opponent one day.

Thats definitely not true, Strength and growth does come from continuous struggle, but when the thing your struggling to get was supposed to be designed for there to be no struggle involved, then Growth does not happen
Im not talking about pvp at all, im talking about how the server is way more PVE then PVP, and that you cant even get to PVP equally because the freaking gears soo hard to get that it will take you a year just to even get!

As for the bosses, you can easily gear up by crafting your own items first,

mhm yup , spend 3 - 4 hours of the day farming useless crap just to get to level 500 crafting just so you can craft more crap items to finally craft a somewhat decent item that youd die with in pvp, yeah
and thats only one piece of the set -.-
good to pvp or farm any boss.
PVP ? no you wont, any boss? psh, with like 7 clerics healing you

Please put alot of thought into what you post before you post it okay?

Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:23 pm

start new into a server and the best obtainable gear in game is handed to them. Let's suppose when you start new in this server, you are instant lv55, fully equipped with +15 abg/gbg gear, 1000+ potion/scrolls. What are you going to do after? pvp and then?

You would PVP, like you are supposed to do in a PVP server, and if you don't like PVP, then why are you here, on a PVP server -.-
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Since this is a suggestion thread, I suggest Cloe should calm down.
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next