Devastation Aion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mob that causes Disconnect/Client Shutdown while getting Loot

2 posters

Go down

Mob that causes Disconnect/Client Shutdown while getting Loot Empty Mob that causes Disconnect/Client Shutdown while getting Loot

Post  Khethos Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:06 am

I had figured I would just mess around with an Elyos character I had created. A Chanter, currently lv40.

I had her in Eltnen, in the little area Eracus Temple Cavern to the far west. I had a quest and figured I should be able to get some decent loot while working on the quest named "A Dangerous Artifact".

Just in front of the Wave Wall, there is a dragonlike creature that you have to kill for the Wave Wall Fragment for the quest. It is located right in front of the Wave Wall and is named Crouching Eracus Gargoyle.

Fighting this mob is no problem, it acts as it should. However, the problem is when you try to get the loot from the mob, you need to get into the loot window and get the Wave Wall Fragment yourself. You can get some items, but you will have a random crash with an error message saying if you want to send out crash data I guess to official or something, and the whole client gets shut down.

Every time I've killed it again to test the crash, it will happen 100% of the time I did this (5-6 times in a row, I think that's enough testing). It only varies on how much loot you can pull before you get kicked offline, but it will happen if you keep snagging the loot.

The way to get this to happen if you want to test it is to just kill the mob, and pick out loot one by one, like if you want armor bits or weapons or whatever, it can happen fast or you can get more loot before you disconnect. It's not connected to a single piece of loot, like if you got a rare weapon, it doesn't matter. Its any piece of loot that can cause disconnect/crash.

This is the first time I've seen this happening on Aion, so I don't know if its a game bug in all versions/servers or if something else is weird.

Edit: Just did another test with the mob, and the reason for the strikeout on the words above, I don't know if the weapon Sun's Wrath could do it. Two times I clicked on that rare staff and it did seem to trigger d/c. And... It is not only that single mob in that location. It's all the Crouching Eracus Gargoyle that can cause the loot kickout.

Second Edit: Quest Name is not A Dangerous Artifact, but is named Secrets of the Temple

Last edited by Khethos on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Khethos

Back to top Go down

Mob that causes Disconnect/Client Shutdown while getting Loot Empty Re: Mob that causes Disconnect/Client Shutdown while getting Loot

Post  outrageous Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:55 am

Wow nice report. theres must be something wrong droplist. any item u loot will dc u. looks like the mob is dropping more items then the limited of it. thats y its causing dc if ur looting the lower haft of the items.
outrageous
outrageous

http://outrageousoutlaw.servegame.com

Back to top Go down