Devastation Aion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

server down since 2 days...

+4
Bones
Khethos
niki123
Kendo
8 posters

Go down

server down since 2 days... Empty server down since 2 days...

Post  Kendo Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:01 am

this is directed to chaos, not to the small wannabe GM's btw.

man look, if u leave the server alone without anybody having full access to it, u see what happens, right?
if u leave for lets say a couple of days, some 1 else should have full access to avoid such problems as we
have right now. the server started to be fun finally i made many ppl join and it actually built a small community
already. now it is offline/not working for almost 2 days by now, where are u? why cant anybody fix this? database
errors aint that hard to be fixed i know that, but without access no1 rly can help except gary, and gary isnt that good, but at least he tried, donno the results though. small GM's on forums only know how to lock threads and tell
ppl to be patient or stfu etc. doesnt scare me at all btw, im not rude or something so its bs to me.

so my question is, when is this issue gonna be fixed? anytime soon or do we all have to find another aion server?
are u gonna give some 1 else full access to avoid these problems in the future?

small GM's just say shit like "im fed up with these questions bla bla i already told things bla bla"

not like i rly care, i just wanna hear facts from u, they dont know anything.

Last edited by Caim on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Kendo
Kendo

Back to top Go down

server down since 2 days... Empty ....

Post  niki123 Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:18 am

i totaly agreed with Ciam when someone got post like Gm he must be more carefull with everything cuz he deal with ppl and i understand about if someone got real life problems or anything but also must care about post u got as Gm chaos is good gm hes cool but all that servers lagg and offline for 2 days make me wana change server Sad well hope that soon all will be fixed cuz already sure that some ppl wont come back to this server and its rly sad cuz server was about going rly good thous days befor that creappy lag
niki123
niki123

Back to top Go down

server down since 2 days... Empty Re: server down since 2 days...

Post  Khethos Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:38 am

Now this post is really starting to look condescending (rude) to the Deva Aion staff... In general...

Only uncover and read this if you dare... Meant for post 1... You have been warned.
Spoiler:

So, your questions. I'll try to be professional about this:

When will the issue be fixed- When the problem is found, and will be fixed promptly. Outrage has been helping to look into it, everyone in the Devastation Aion Dev team has been working on it. Be PATIENT

do we all have to find another aion server?- I say there's no need to look for another server. As for your anger about this, I don't know why you're like this, but you're free to look elsewhere for your entertainment at any time, no one is holding a gun to your head.

are u gonna give some 1 else full access to avoid these problems in the future?- That's between the owner and the Deva Staff, another post had been made already suggesting this (that was written in a nice tone).

I hope that gave you some answers,
Have a nice day~

Khethos

Back to top Go down

Post  Kendo Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:43 am

u again...

1. i am talking/writing in a nice tone

2. this is directed to chaos

3. im not asking u, u dont know anything

4. silence plz

5. mmmmh youre a noob

6. all the devs are working on it? only chaos and supreme got access

7. use your brain plz

8. you think u are something, but u aint

9. and last > tyvm
Kendo
Kendo

Back to top Go down

Post  Khethos Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:31 am

I suggest you read through your first post again and really read it through, because it is rude. Last post I'll use up towards you on this thread. Then again, continue and go after me all you want, I really couldn't care less. I care about the players on this server, and I care about the Staff who really are working hard on this.

The GMs have their hands full as it is. And you had already been told that there were enough "WTF IS GOING ON" threads... Use one of the ones already available. Since I'm sure this one will be locked soon.

From my post above, you know the procedure. You have been warned:
Spoiler:

*cough* Anyways... back on topic:
I'm pretty sure its a combined problem. So it's not an easily solved one. Outrageous (Outrage in game) IS a part of the Dev staff, just doesn't have access. That's why he needs either Chaos or Supreme to get access to the server files. He works on the test server and can work magic on there, but does not have access to the Main server files, so he couldn't fix it. I think others have been working on it too, dunno who, but I thank them for their hard work. Troubleshooting a random bad string of code is hell to say the least. Even worse if you're dealing with multiple.

I had volunteered with a few other people to try to help bug testing if need be while we're online, we don't know Aion coding and we're not GMs. But if we can team up and help run around and be lab rats for the whole thing, maybe something else can be isolated and fixed. Have you done anything to try to help speed the recovery?

Khethos

Back to top Go down

Post  Kendo Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:35 am

yeah it was me who got gary to work on it ijs.

sry but i rly didnt like the tone in your posts, thats why i got a bit pissed u know Smile
Kendo
Kendo

Back to top Go down

Post  Khethos Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:41 am

Look, no hard feelings. I just don't like it when people on any server start to sound like they're bashing staff. That's one of my major peeves. I have a major inkling as to what they go through, and tbh, its why I never want to be a GM or server staffer. They catch all the crap no matter what happens. I'd rather be loved or hated depending on my own actions, not something beyond my control.

I can be a no-nonsense kind of girl, so when things (aka: the dung heap) hit the fan, I can be a *little* harsh. That's how I am, I stand up for other peeps. My posts on the first thread were not meant to be inflammatory at all. So I was surprised on your first response to my first post.

Just cool down and we'll get info as it comes. That's all we can do at the moment. That's why I had mentioned before to be patient. If there's nothing that we can do, just think of being on a beach, pass around the snacks n' drinks and party.

Truce? =3

And I know I broke my ol' rule on my second post, but hell with it xD

Last edited by Khethos on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Khethos

Back to top Go down

Post  Bones Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:45 am

Caim wrote:yeah it was me who got gary to work on it ijs.
I really hate that i cant make this sound unoffencive but it needs to be said... The whole server was complaining about this and was bound to reach supreme weather you took part in this or not, please dont try to treat the fact that you are the first one to get to him as deserving a medal or whatever.

Bones
Bones

Back to top Go down

Post  Kendo Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:16 am

Bones wrote:
Caim wrote:yeah it was me who got gary to work on it ijs.
I really hate that i cant make this sound unoffencive but it needs to be said... The whole server was complaining about this and was bound to reach supreme weather you took part in this or not, please dont try to treat the fact that you are the first one to get to him as deserving a medal or whatever.

didnt sound offensive at all
Kendo
Kendo

Back to top Go down

Post  Proud Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:40 am

Well, i've read it at all, and could see that no one is trying to hurt no1.
But u guys have to try understanding Eisen's point, and not to change his mood btw.
Same way, we all have to understand and respect the staff, not trying to guess the what they're doing or not, or trying to guess possible solutions for the case, based God knows where.
I'm sure that if we give ruem some time more, ir will be fixed, we can trust them. The point is, don't read posts once. Try to understand correctly what the person means, and then post your reply, if necessary, trying to be as clear as possible.
By now, go chill, play xBox Live with me, or get another way of entertainment for this few moments, and try to relax.
We don't need, and I guess we shouldn't leave Deva Aion, cause it is one good server at all, just brand new.
Hope u guys don't get it as one offense or guess i'm being rude for not understanding what I mean.

Thank you guys, for reading it.

Proud

Back to top Go down

server down since 2 days... Empty ---------:D

Post  Cloe Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:23 am

we should all play rock paper sissorz in forum chat till its back lol xD (kidding)

but i had to put mai name on dis post too
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

server down since 2 days... Empty @ everything Eisen and Ash has said lol

Post  Cloe Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:00 am

basically, ash and caim are both right, except for the fact that theres only one thing we can do

waay too long elaboration :

Yes chaos should have someone that can fill in his shoes , someone who can be here, Gary cant always be here either hes got to fiddle with jade dynasty and aion and DPW at the same time

No I dont think they can afford it or something, im not sure if this is the case because i dont know if they get paid or not,
if they do get paid then obviously they cant afford another dev, and yes outrageous should have acess, but anyone with a good mind in their head can tell hes good but also anyone with a right mind in their head shouldnt let someone who just joined 1-2 weeks ago access to all the work theyve spent into this place, they have to gain trust/ etc before this happens but im sure it will happen some day

yes the devs have been working crazy to get this place to work , garys been doing alot, chaos would be working on it hard too if he were here, we all know chaos well enough to know that the only way he would leave the server momentarily without notice is if it was major which we should worry about more then ourselfs, our wants, and the server, we should care for the person he is, and the life he weilds
and the flipside to that is, yes they dont keep us updated with everything thats going on enough and that chaos has been gone a long time and it is a burden , a big one, but i just watch videos on youtube and i ish happeh againz ;D also with all the work gary / outrageous is doing it must be hard even to take a breath much less post here whats going down as far as progress...

this post isnt to make caim angreh, or ash feel more right, or to make her angry, or not to support one side or the other

its to show that to each point caim and ash has made, theres a flipside to each, and we should respect each other enough to understand the points fully and reply with care.

and yes caim was rude about responding to the first of ash's posts

ash did sound like she was repremanding him and that he had told her it was toward chaos only

well caim is rude for a reason thats the way he is, he has the right to be rude and hes gonna do what he wants to do because thats human nature and theres nothing better then freedom of speech

on the flipside,

the rude comment posted after ash's would prompt just about everyone to repremand him, but what he says to chaos, about chaos, or to anyone or about anyone, is his and the reccievers/insultee's buisness

and btw, hai all im bored so i made a long drawn out statement

i feel like martin luther king jr >=D
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Kendo Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:14 am

well i just cant stand the fact that, if i ask a pretty simple question, why do ppl start bashing me?
instead of answering? im not a kid i didnt like the tones in the posts, thats why i got mad, np.
also the GM in my former post pissed me off, if youre a GM/admin it is your duty to answer ppls questions.
even if ppl ask hundred times the same thing, u should smile and answer, ive been GM myself, i think i did
a good job, maybe being GM is new to that person, idk but thats not the way it should go.
online you all act like cowboys, yet irl you aint got a horse ijs...

im playing asmo, what u expect? we dont take orders from anybody except kendo or mordred, dont we? lolz
Kendo
Kendo

Back to top Go down

Post  ariao Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:24 am

i somehow actually read though all of this lol.

Im only going to say one thing: Its making progress.
Online Players no longer says who was on like a week ago constantly.
Servers actually say their down, not online.
Check Status button on launcher says all 3 servers are off.
Word has gotten around that the exact problem has been located and is being worked on.

Take what you will from this and leave it at that.

EDIT:
Caim wrote:well i just cant stand the fact that, if i ask a pretty simple question, why do ppl start bashing me?
instead of answering? im not a kid i didnt like the tones in the posts, thats why i got mad, np.
also the GM in my former post pissed me off, if youre a GM/admin it is your duty to answer ppls questions.
even if ppl ask hundred times the same thing, u should smile and answer, ive been GM myself, i think i did
a good job, maybe being GM is new to that person, idk but thats not the way it should go.
online you all act like cowboys, yet irl you aint got a horse ijs...

im playing asmo, what u expect? we dont take orders from anybody except kendo or mordred, dont we? lolz

its because in your posts, many times you sound hostile, even i have felt that your posts have been hostile to the staff or specific people. like pointed out before, "wannabe GMs" isnt an... un-hostile term? dont even know if i just said a real word/term lol. Anyways, like i said, many times you sound hostile or pizzed off big time at someone, so people dont like the tone in your posts, so they reply, basically its like a subtle flame war where you see the kindle burning. and as for the "instead of answering?" part.
Caim wrote:so my question is, when is this issue gonna be fixed?
no one can answer that with a specific answer, somtimes their quick fixes, and somtimes their long ones, somtimes there ones that cant be fixed, this one is being worked on as i said above in this post, which for me atleast, is good enough for now, i dont know if you have school, or a job or somthing, but i have school so im gone half the day, when i come back i check the server, if its not on, then i check the fourm chatbox to see if any of my friends are on, if not, i start up my n64 emulator and mess around on that or on my psp (there is nothing to do in my neighborhood). if this sounded hostile, didnt mean to make it sound like that, i woke up like 30 mins ago lol
ariao
ariao

Back to top Go down

Post  Kendo Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:05 am

@Ariao
basically u gave the best answer so far, thx for update, cheers.
Kendo
Kendo

Back to top Go down

server down since 2 days... Empty Re Connection Probs

Post  Hazell Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:21 am

is it realy that bad u all have to bitch bout it man up and wait like all the rest of us have to and stop this crap that is y im locking these threads sp lets not have any more please if u have got energy to spare go do some thing constructive

THESE THREADS WILL B LOCKED
Hazell
Hazell
[GM]
[GM]

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down