Devastation Aion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How far is the rollback? Login not working anymore

5 posters

Go down

How far is the rollback? Login not working anymore Empty How far is the rollback? Login not working anymore

Post  Khethos Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Tried to get back on the game, noticed my boyfriend couldn't log in due to password issues. I try getting into my account, and I can't do it either.

Then read the forum thread about what happened, and was this a total server wipe/rebuild so do we have to totally start over from scratch? Such as, reregister and start at Lv 1? Or do we still have some stuff left over after this? From how the login isn't working anymore, I guess we have to start over.

I'm fine either way, as long as the server is okay and we can restart and start playing again. Just want to know how bad the damage was Crying or Very sad

Khethos

Back to top Go down

How far is the rollback? Login not working anymore Empty Re: How far is the rollback? Login not working anymore

Post  [ADMIN]Chaos Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:51 pm

we have recovered from the hacker sadly tho it had put us back to 1/22/11 so if your accounts were made after 1/22/11 they are gone and will need to be remade again Sad
[ADMIN]Chaos
[ADMIN]Chaos
Admin

https://devastationaion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How far is the rollback? Login not working anymore Empty Re: How far is the rollback? Login not working anymore

Post  Khethos Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:23 pm

Thanks Chaos, I don't mind restarting over, just glad that we can still play. Back to grinding again, at least I've learned a few new things while I was working on my chars (just gonna miss my +11 staff I made this morning).

As for Martin... Chaos is a hardworking guy, and he's doing A LOT of work on this server. I don't know what really happened to make the rollback happen, but if you had ANY class what-so-*bleepin*-ever, I think you could manage to talk in a decent way instead of being a *bleep* and making yourself look to be as mature as a 3 year old with a diaper rash...

Khethos

Back to top Go down

Post  Khethos Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:34 pm

On another server I played on, the same thing had happened before, only that time, it had been a lesser GM that did it, not an admin. It can be done by someone else getting into the account. I had stuff wiped on that server, in fact, the server had been so new at the time, the whole thing had to be started from base. So there's no idea what happened, but what you mentioned, it can be done.

I have seen it happen before, so I know it can happen. Try shutting your mouth and cool off for a few hours THEN come back when you have the stones to act as an adult.

Gewdbai Wink

Khethos

Back to top Go down

Post  outrageous Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:04 pm

WOW wtf i got home try to log in boom wrong id. Went on forum check the new post oO roll back. lol know i know y. But anyways heres a lil tip, always make a back up of ur database before making any changes or deleting anything out of the database. If all npc r deleted ingame just do a server restart n it will fix all those npc back to the way it was. since ur running the aion engine emulator (last rev 276 end), by using gm command will not delete mobs out of the database nor files. else if ur running the aion engine self modify with the update base on core n java then ull probably be able to deleted out of the database. and by reading ur post about rhappy deleting npc, he can only delete npc if hes a gm or in a gm account n by gaving the admin rights to them.

@ Rhappy
yea i would be mad if i didnt do it too. but acting in a impropriate matter it aint gonna solve nothing, it just make yourself look bad. like khethos say best thing for u for now is to chill out.
outrageous
outrageous

http://outrageousoutlaw.servegame.com

Back to top Go down

How far is the rollback? Login not working anymore Empty @Rhappy

Post  Cloe Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:00 am

They don't have monkies and 2 year olds being devs you know, if the freaking dev, who can check the login logs, IPs and all the other shit, says your ass did it, Then your ass did it, and its as simple as that, now your freaking forum trolling is really bothersome to like, everybody, and its not beneficial to you or anyone else, -.-

and the little story you tried to pull of "Fucking gm made a mistake and deleted the npcs and blamed me for it" is kinda weak
you really think they are gonna believe you, over the servers developer, who actually has proof, if you want his proof so darn bad then, how about you post proof of the GM framing you and proof of him messing the npcs up, and THEN you could say that, as for his proof he has IP login logs and etc, You have no proof....

As to this statement "Seems that I hacked a GM accaunt and deleted all NPCs. He's fucking retarded, that's not even possible."

shit.. they said we'd never be able to go in space, but we did that now didnt we? Your smart, you could figure out a way, or it could be that your freinds with a GM, a whole number of things could explain that, theese days alot more is possible then you think there is, so dont play that card mister.
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Khethos Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:03 am

Just happened to have this thought pop into my head earlier: The main way that the IP could be the same between a hacker and someone else would usually be considered to be those going to places like coffee shops or internet cafes where several people are sharing the same IP at one place to get net access. You know, those Wifi hotspot deals?

The only problem is, if one person hacks and the rest don't, you can't just pick and choose one out of the group. Banning the real hacker would possibly make other innocent users become collateral damage. Darned if you do, darned if you dont. Ban the hacker and innocents get caught up, or leave the hacker be and let things get *bleeped* up more. Which choice do you think a Dev/Server owner has to make? They can't leave the hacker be to just run around like a loose cannon. They have to ban them. Or else there will be no game to play from constant rollbacks or possible data deletion. I've seen many servers completely start from scratch many times (some servers doing it repeatedly) cause they can't get their stuff together. From Duping in PW to necessary game code getting borked to... well... NPCs being messed with, it happens, and it SUCKS.

The problem is, that's the issue you run into going into places like net cafes or other Wifi hotspots. You don't know who you're sharing the connection with. But not everyone has the ability to get a decent high speed or reliable private connection at home.

In the end, if you want a stable gaming platform to play on, there will be things like this that will happen from time to time, either from large companies or from small private groups.

I know it sounds mean, but that's the logic used behind keeping the majority safe while a small group gets punished... I wouldn't want it to happen to me, but maybe something can be worked out. Going by IP address isn't foolproof as we all know, but its the best we've got. It's not like Chaos or someone can check the MAC address of the machine that did it and just ban that instead of the IP group. I haven't heard of that being possible on many things, if anything.

Khethos

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:04 am

To be honest, I have not seen any proof about me hacking it, have you? So I have no need to defend myself lmao.

Anyway, after admin logs in, I will get this thing sorted out. I will be ingame tonight. Smile

Martin

Back to top Go down

How far is the rollback? Login not working anymore Empty Rofl

Post  Cloe Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:51 am

Good luck with that,

also, I have seen proof, :/
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down