Devastation Aion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is PvE getting harder?

5 posters

Go down

Why is PvE getting harder? Empty Why is PvE getting harder?

Post  ariao Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:13 pm

if this is a pvp server, PvE should be easy. the Enos Watchers in the Abyssal Splinter used to be easily soloable by clerics, or easily duoable with anyclass + a cleric. you could take out half their HP in under 1 or 2 mins, now it takes 5 mins to get them close to 50% HP with an assassin chanter combo. Before Enraged Mastarius and Veille could be killed pretty efficiently, then they were made allot harder again, more HP, more skill spam, especially of Power of Protection. Takes more then 10 mins to kill 1 enos watcher as an assassin, when before it took maybe 2-3 mins at most.

So seriously, WHY is PvE getting so much harder? if this is a pvp server, shouldn't getting the stuff for pvp be relatively easy, not needing a full party to do anything efficiently? After the server wipe, we had a party of 6 going after Mastarius, no one had anything +15, not even +1, just the lvl 40 abyss gear. Had i believe 2 gladis, 2 chanters, and 2 sorcs, we were able to kill mastarius several times with only 1 causality from an aoe. If we try it now with full +15 gear, same party, its going to be as hard if not harder as then.
ariao
ariao

Back to top Go down

Why is PvE getting harder? Empty Re: Why is PvE getting harder?

Post  Kendo Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:38 pm

abbyssal splinter is way too easy. mobs/bosses hit too low dmg and their hp is not high enough. fix plz tyvm.
Kendo
Kendo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tragic Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:50 pm

ariao wrote:if this is a pvp server, PvE should be easy. the Enos Watchers in the Abyssal Splinter used to be easily soloable by clerics, or easily duoable with anyclass + a cleric. you could take out half their HP in under 1 or 2 mins, now it takes 5 mins to get them close to 50% HP with an assassin chanter combo. Before Enraged Mastarius and Veille could be killed pretty efficiently, then they were made allot harder again, more HP, more skill spam, especially of Power of Protection. Takes more then 10 mins to kill 1 enos watcher as an assassin, when before it took maybe 2-3 mins at most.

So seriously, WHY is PvE getting so much harder? if this is a pvp server, shouldn't getting the stuff for pvp be relatively easy, not needing a full party to do anything efficiently? After the server wipe, we had a party of 6 going after Mastarius, no one had anything +15, not even +1, just the lvl 40 abyss gear. Had i believe 2 gladis, 2 chanters, and 2 sorcs, we were able to kill mastarius several times with only 1 causality from an aoe. If we try it now with full +15 gear, same party, its going to be as hard if not harder as then.

First of all, aren't you one of the people who claims to like the PVE aspect of the game more than PVP? Based on your statements here, and in other posts, it leads me to believe that what you really want is for gear to be handed to you...so you can stand around and craft or something. I'm not quite sure why you wouldn't want the PVE here to be a little more of a challenge, since that's what you like to do. Enos Watchers were too easy before. It should take more than a minute or 2 for a healer and a glad to kill one. Now it takes about 6 minutes. Not unreasonable at all, in my opinion.
Tragic
Tragic

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Yea, I propose make it monumently harder, but in exchange make the boss drop a lot.
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  ariao Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Tragic wrote:
ariao wrote:if this is a pvp server, PvE should be easy. the Enos Watchers in the Abyssal Splinter used to be easily soloable by clerics, or easily duoable with anyclass + a cleric. you could take out half their HP in under 1 or 2 mins, now it takes 5 mins to get them close to 50% HP with an assassin chanter combo. Before Enraged Mastarius and Veille could be killed pretty efficiently, then they were made allot harder again, more HP, more skill spam, especially of Power of Protection. Takes more then 10 mins to kill 1 enos watcher as an assassin, when before it took maybe 2-3 mins at most.

First of all, aren't you one of the people who claims to like the PVE aspect of the game more than PVP? Based on your statements here, and in other posts, it leads me to believe that what you really want is for gear to be handed to you...so you can stand around and craft or something. I'm not quite sure why you wouldn't want the PVE here to be a little more of a challenge, since that's what you like to do. Enos Watchers were too easy before. It should take more than a minute or 2 for a healer and a glad to kill one. Now it takes about 6 minutes. Not unreasonable at all, in my opinion.

I like PvP more then PvE as long as the PvP isnt utter bs (like you buy your way though everything with donation shops in some servers).
I like PvE more then PvP when it is bs.
Reason im liking PvE more than PvP on the server right now is just right out cause i fail at PvP, so id rather be able to do the PvE to get better gear, and learn the game better.
And for the 6 mins not being unreasonable, i do agree with that, my overall point (which i now see wasent clear, my bad lol), was that it keeps getting a bit harder every so often. If it keeps going like this at a slow server growth rate, it could eventually get to the point of needing full parties for smaller bosses, which would be unbalanced to any new player.

Again, sorry for sounding like im contradicting myself, and if i did it again in this post xD.

Also, id agree with munchies, harder bosses should drop allot more. Like the Enos Watchers i believe drop the same even though they were made harder.
ariao
ariao

Back to top Go down

Post  Tragic Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:49 pm

This server is just starting out. Yes, I realize it's been around for a couple months, but as it reaches the point where there are more players, there's a need for all these changes. I'll take your examples of Veille and Mastarius. Of course, those needed to be easier at first. Were there even craft NPCs at that point? Not from what I understand. You couldn't even craft anything beyond your level 40 starting gear. The solution for that...extremely easy bosses. That isn't the case now. You can craft gear without leaving Sanctum or Pandaemonium that's comparable to boss drops. So why shouldn't the bosses be harder now?

I also don't think the drops from Enos Watchers need to be increased. They drop by chance ~ sometimes you'll get 1, but sometimes you'll get 15. Most of the time, you'll get something in the middle. It all averages out. If anything, I could see maybe increasing the minimum drop a little bit...but i don't think it's bad if they stay exactly the way they are.
Tragic
Tragic

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowflake Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:52 am

People need to come out to pvp so I can get gold/platinum from killing them. Sad
Snowflake
Snowflake

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:54 am

Just farm platinum medals and I'll trade you all my gold medals. lol
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum