Devastation Aion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deity Transformation

+5
Munchies
Cloe
Snowflake
Hintagu
Gurkha
9 posters

Go down

Deity Transformation Empty Deity Transformation

Post  Gurkha Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:19 pm

If you have deity skill and is about to go in 2 minutes, you relog 2 times and you get 8 more minutes.

Very annoying in pvp.
Gurkha
Gurkha

Back to top Go down

Deity Transformation Empty Re: Deity Transformation

Post  Hintagu Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:42 am

Gurkha wrote:If you have deity skill and is about to go in 2 minutes, you relog 2 times and you get 8 more minutes.

Very annoying in pvp.
Well I see it as fair because using Deity transformation IN PvP is bascially a B*tch move. Its like "Oh look! 5 asmo/elyos!" *click* "14k damage, you have gained 3 mil AP! >Very Happy Eat that! You has been pwnz0r'd!" I don't think in Aion the creators had the idea for a person being able to kill 3+ people in one shot and to be able to tank artifacts on their own. Also another thing that should be fixed (But most likely won't) would be to restrict the ability to transform from use all together. Cause honestly...who would play the game when they start and they go against people with 100k hp?

Hintagu

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowflake Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:44 am

In high rate private server like this, it is better to just remove deity because everyone can abuse it, ruining the pvp fun. Surprised
Snowflake
Snowflake

Back to top Go down

Post  Gurkha Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:29 am

+1 to Snowflake.

REMOVE IT.

High rate is all about getting geared fast and pvp. Deity = No Fun.
Gurkha
Gurkha

Back to top Go down

Post  Hintagu Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Snow is copying what I just said o.o

Hintagu

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:54 pm

the deity skill is usually for tanking hard mobs / bosses, (not that it can ) but if there were some way to make the deity skill turn off momentarily during pk, or only in abyss or something or another , then by all means thats the way to go ,but like, Deity in pvp is bad, but for pvE its a life saver so if theres a way to restrict it to only PVE and not PVP it would actually enhance the pvp on the server because people would be attacking bosses with like 2 people instead of a whole group, id say , make its recharge like 2 minutes and make it last for like 2 hours , but make the deity mode a skill that you can remove if wanting to, and make it so you cant use it in PVP and only PVE, so people can farm with like 2 people instead of like 5, because then people could get equipment faster, then PK more, and you might say "oh if we make farming easier people will get bored and leave" , well, the only reason most of us are here is for the pk not the farming, so making the farming less of a burden, or making farming able for a solo player to do, is in everyones best intrest, please look into this devs ,

Last edited by Cloe on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:51 pm

+1

Remove it.
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:40 pm

fix it to where it only works in PVE, and make its duration longer, so farming will be a sinch and PVP will be fun,

effortless farming and epic PVP is what a PVP server like this one is aiming for and thats what this skill (modified for pve only ) could provide

(removing a aspect of a game completely can turn some off from our server so the best bet is doing what I suggested above, so you get the cool feel of being giant and unstoppable, and get your equipment, and still have PVP heads happy, some people might play aion because of this deity skill and removing it would have people ranting about it being gone, so make it only allowed in PVE, )

Last edited by Cloe on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Kendo Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:44 pm

erm, 2 days ago it was 2 deity vs me ijs. i killed both but hey, it was kind of amusing ~ dont remove Wink

btw chloe where are u hiding? u fulltime ely now or what!? tsk tsk tsk...
Kendo
Kendo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:45 pm

rarely online, been real upset all of the time

"by Kendo,

Chloe"

Cloe* :c

Last edited by Cloe on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:16 pm

That's like saying don't remove reflect because its part of the game, but I am wrong or was it removed?
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:19 pm

its okay to have this OP skill in farming because all in all they should make farming even more easier then it already is so we can get straight to the PVP

I say limit the Deity skill to where it cannot be used in PVP, however it can be used for tanking bosses and such

edit

I dont think reflect was removed but im not a Templar so I dont kno
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Khethos Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:48 pm

Reflect had been removed because it supposedly was not giving correct numbers and was totally messed up.

What made it worse was that it could either lag out the person using the skill, or lag out the server.

The reflect effect was removed from skills so the lag would not happen. If it can be fixed, it will be added back in.

That's stuff that Outrage had told me back when it was first removed.

Khethos

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:23 pm

I got pwned by a deity 3 times at the core, FML.
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoon Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:29 am

if they gotta turn deity to kill tsk tsk to them that aint pvping. Plus you don't have to remove the deity just report them in for using the bug Smile im sure bug abusing is a banable offense. Take 1 SS of the person in deity form with the time stamp or something, wait the duration come back if they still have it ss again. Post on forum for bug abusing = voila ur problem solved.

Dragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:40 am

No no no, that wasn't the case. It was 4v4 as far I could tell. Some of us Asmo went to the Core to check it out and we began to pk. They came back as Deity. So basically mid-way threw this 4v4 everyone except myself went Deity, lol. It was fun I guess. I still stand by removing Deity!

PS: Does flying in gelk and putting a kisk on top of a wall considered a bug?
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:20 am

by Munchies
PS: Does flying in gelk and putting a kisk on top of a wall considered a bug?

yes O.o

and all of this Deity Transformation complaints issues, and QQs would be solved if only john and jason would make the skill only usable in PVE, like you know how you can only use throw dagger on a assasin while your in the air? well something similar needs to be done, like whenever rival race players are within like 30 meters of you you would untransform and the skill would become unavailable or something , maybe they should limit the Deity skill to only inside of the Abyss or something, either way, removing it entirely is a bad idea, keeping it usuable for PVP, is a even worse idea, so keep the skill for PVE but make the skill to where its unable to be activated or used in PVP, thats your best bet,
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:25 am

I still see no point in it. The only PVE you are gonna do with it is fortresses. Which can still be done without it, and in fact make capturing fortresses much harder. Beat that Miss.P.
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:28 am

if they gotta turn deity to kill tsk tsk to them that aint pvping. Plus you don't have to remove the deity just report them in for using the bug im sure bug abusing is a banable offense. Take 1 SS of the person in deity form with the time stamp or something, wait the duration come back if they still have it ss again. Post on forum for bug abusing = voila ur problem solved.

if they turn deity just counter it with your deity, or run. Yeah its a noob move and more people keep using it in PVP its crap...
you wouldnt have to report them, for abusing a bug in pvp, if the devs would just restrict the deity skill to only PVE, when enemy players are near, the skill is unusable and deactivates etc

theres no time stamp in game, and im sure if you used your windows clock, theyd swear you turned your clock ahead by yourself, the only way to catch a hacker is via on screen recorder or something, via video, not picture

Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:29 am

they could make the HP that the skill gives you alot more,and make the skill become inactive when opposing race is near, so you can solo things like Ragnarok etc, but extend the recharge time to like 4 hours, so you can tank a boss every 4 hours, it would ease farming, and help PVP, I say, why the heck not?
kills 3 birds with one stone, fixes the Transformation crap in pvp, the transformation bug, and eases the farming
Beat that sir
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchies Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:36 am

Yes, however why go threw all that trouble when all your asking can be done without the transformation. Removing it would kill all the birds and would be easier.
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:36 am

because some people like the feel of being huge and having like 162k hp,

plus the only other way to do what im talking about would be to make the bosses like a 4 hit kill because anything other then that and youd still die,
and if you make the bosses 4 hits then it would take fun out of farming, instead of removing their hp and removing the fun in it, they add hp to you, so you can last it out, and add more fun to it, what you are suggesting would just nuke the whole thing and fix only two of the three problems

it would fix the deity skill in pvp , and the Deity Skill bug recharge

but as for people not being able to farm bosses solo , ( since theres hardly ever any asmo buddies of yours to help you out), this problem is still there if you just remove the skill entirely,

your suggestion kills 2 of the 3 birds with one stone,
my suggestion kills 3, also you say its alot of stuff to do to change it vs just removing it
well without hard work you cant get crap in this world so... I dont think removing it is the best option lol, they should remove it from PVP, not PVE

emphases on this part : but as for people not being able to farm bosses solo , ( since theres hardly ever any asmo buddies of yours to help you out), this problem is still there if you just remove the skill entirely,
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Khethos Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:30 am

I don't see how they could stop Guardian being used in PvP since if you go into a battle mode it seems like a "on" or "off" choice. 0 or 1. You're either in neutral mode, or you're in fight mode. Buffs wouldn't count for changing it since the battle themes and such will change if you just hit the X key to go into battle mode for example. If it was to be "fixed" that way, then Guardian would basically not be useable at all. Wouldn't matter about PvE or PvP. At that point, just take it out.

However, I dunno if something could be done to make it to where all Guardian attacks would not work against people of the other race. I'd imagine that mobs have a certain ID sequence to tell the difference, as do bosses and probably players in a duel, then players of the other race. But it would be another problem if they're not all placed into groups. I don't know how the coding would go...

That still would not work though considering there are a few Guardian skills that do not need a target, so you can still end up doing a massive amount of damage by popping the AoEs near a gankfest and just seeing feathers float.

The only problem would be if there had to be a lot of extra coding to make that happen and if it would mess up with other skills. If you "half disable" the Guardian skills and the Guardian form, I'd think that you'd possibly bug PvP or even PvE fighting as a whole. I don't know if you can just pick and choose what skills you want able to target the other side without killing the rest of your skills. I don't know if the coding would allow for customization like that. I'd imagine that would be near extreme fine tuning.

Either way, if Guardian was to be disabled fully I'm sure all the forms and skills could instead be taken out of the skill tables. Provided there would be no client side changes. However, I doubt that it would need a client side change since it would most likely only have to go through the server to say "can't have it, you've been denied *swats away skill*". They probably wouldn't need to touch the Seeds of Transformation.

Khethos

Back to top Go down

Post  ariao Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:35 am

i like cloes idea of making it PvE only, the way to do so, would be to make it that you CANNOT ATTACK PLAYERS WHILE IN DEITY FORM. When it deity form, it would be like trying to attack your own race outside of a duel, just doesnt work. and i just completely forgot what i was going to type out for the rest of this post.
Deity Transformation Memory
ariao
ariao

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloe Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:26 pm

not sure how lol,but they all said fixing boss bugging was impossible, and john was intelligent enough to come up with the way to fix it, so im sure he can figure this one out

edit

maybe they could take a already pre-existing dungeon, and place all of the bosses (Ragnarok Mastrius etc) and only allow the skill to be used in there

theyd do a dungeon for the elyos side too, except both sides would have omega, if you think about it all you would need to do is

1. remove all the mobs from said dungeon
2. make a perma respawn in the dungeon spots of your chosing
3. do 1. and 2. again for elyos,
4. and edit some skill script data / confinguration coding etc to make the diety thing restricted to theese two dungeons, but the thing is like the teleporter stone to theese places would be in each of the landings, so opposing players cant raid each of the dungeons etc

i think its a pretty good idea
Cloe
Cloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum