Devastation Aion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion: Set Guardian Transform back to AP instead of Rank

2 posters

Go down

Suggestion: Set Guardian Transform back to AP instead of Rank Empty Suggestion: Set Guardian Transform back to AP instead of Rank

Post  Khethos Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:17 pm

Now I know there might be some people that will end up crying about setting it back to AP, but I have some reasons as to why NOT to keep it based on Rank.

Making those that are already the best at PvP even stronger and pretty much unstoppable with Guardians is kind of dumb imo. It's Free AP for them and discouraging for new players. If one person goes Guardian against a team of 6 that don't have Guardian, most likely the Guardian will take out the other players only because of the sheer amount of HP. I don't even have to mention the extra damage against enemy Players in this form which makes it more of a destabilizer. Guardian VS Guardian would have to be done. But there are varying levels of Guardian Form. Once again, more of a boost to the highest player, "lesser" players I guess are throwaways?

Note 2: Guardians Resist EVERYTHING. Stun, KD, Root, Bind, Blind, Fear, Sorc Tree Form. You name it, they resist it. They're a Player Boss. Once again, left in the hands of only the strongest players. The ones that really don't need it all to themselves. They don't need a trump card that no one else can use. And there is no way to dispel Guardian once its cast. That's why it has a 6 second cast time, you interrupt before its done. Run like a scared kid from a clown when its active lol.

If it is set to AP based, then everyone has a chance of living or having an epic battle because everyone can use it. Those that are into PvP may not want to do other things that a Guardian can be useful for. Tank a boss with no healer available? Sure. Cap a Fort? Cool. But there are some PvPers I've known in other games that would leave such boons to victory unused anyways. And you know this Form is just too cool not to have around right?

Next: Since it will be Rank based, how will newer players be able to get a shot at the Guardian transforms? I've got a feeling that the AP will not be drained or something, that would be horrible since its used for so much more than Rank. So if it is based on Rank, newer players will not be able to get a shot at Guardian simply because they can't catch up.

I know I know, "just PvP" is what I've heard already. It doesn't work. You can PvP sometimes, and unless you get the right targets, you get no AP reward, therefore nixing that argument. You need to kill someone with ample AP to start with to get a decent sized reward for the kill. AKA: Experienced VS possible newbs. Besides, think about a month or so from now. People will have 50 Million + AP. A new player will seriously NOT be able to keep up with those kinds of numbers, especially when they will only rise more and more as others get more AP.

I'd say either make it AP based, or take out Guardian all-together.

Khethos

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Set Guardian Transform back to AP instead of Rank Empty Re: Suggestion: Set Guardian Transform back to AP instead of Rank

Post  Munchies Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Yup, I agree. Although by the looks of it 50mill is going to be reached far before a month. The only way new players will be able to get AP is farming bosses which give 100k per crown? and those bosses are in PK area's so either way they are out of luck.
Munchies
Munchies

Back to top Go down