Devastation Aion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assassin's Guide

4 posters

Go down

Assassin's Guide Empty Assassin's Guide

Post  Azshahadin Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:45 am

Well. Im not an expert but I know stuff. Im gonna try to split this little guide in sections.

- Rune Carving

Assassins are a magical/physical class. The physical part are runes and the other normal skills, runes are marks you carve on your enemie from lvl 1 to a max of 5.
These are the skills you can carve runes with:
Rune Carve skill chain (Up to lvl 3)
Fang Strike skill chain (Up to lvl 5)
Third skill chain of swift edge chain (Rune Slash, Up to lvl 3)
And remove shock skill chain (Bursting Flame Strike, Up to lvl 5)

The usual way to carve runes is as example, Rune carve + Fang strike skill chains. To get top the to of 5.

Now what do you do after this?, Is using detonators, here is the magical part of assassins, thats why our weapons have a lot of magical accuracy and some of our buffs improve this stat too.
Detonators usually have an altered state related, most common is stun, silence, aether's hold, heal and just damage.
Now the important thing is that the more runes you carve before detonating them the more damage the detonator will inflict and most important, more runes = less failure, because this skills can be resisted. Up to 3 runes and more is safe for pvp, but sometimes just carving one will proc the altered state of your detonator against normal mobs.

- DPS

Assassins have the highest DPS in Aion for a short time, so you better think well before doing anything in pvp.
In my personal opinion sword/sword is better than dagger in private servers since you can get to the critical soft cap just by accesories and scrolls. So daggers are kinda useless unless you have a bad ping and you want that attack speed difference to help you attack faster.

Flurry its your killing timer, this skill adds 20% attack speed for 30 seconds.
This means you can carve really fast and disable your enemie from moving, attacking or casting if you do a good combination of skills.

- Weaving / AAC

This is something really really cool about assassins. If you master this technique you can become a nightmare for any class.
Weaving is adding auto attacks within skills
And AAC is Auto Attack Cancel, cancelling auto attacks animation within skills, so your damage its registered in your combat chat tab but you cancel the movement in your character.
How you do that?, well, pressing the skills at the right time when you know you're about to auto attack that way the damage is registered but you'll continue with a skill. You'll see the numbers pop up in the screen and your skill damage at the same time. If you do that you can kill anything like 300% faster than without it.

- Buffs

Well, most of the time you buff yourself with attack improvement buffs before attacking, but sometimes when you fight against a group of ppl, you have to buff yourself while you're killing one of their members so you dodge the other ones attack or resist.
Since in high rate server everyone have good equipments you have to be very carefull with your enemies evasion and magical resist, so try to buff oath of accuracy before attacking and mainly this is applied for other scouts, since we have high evasion.
Attack buffs are mainly, Deadly focus and devotion, you can buff yourself up to 140% of your attack with this 2 on. Plus flurry this makes a good combo.

The other ones you'll see by yourself how to use them, practice a lot, and always think, in pvp, your enemie has a brain too!!, is not a mob. So dont underestimate them. use your buffs!!, be agressive but also dont let them see you naked.
Dont buff everything at 1 time, use them wisely, if you get every skill in CD you're dead meat. LOL

- Manastones / Godstone

Full Attack

Attack / Crit (This build is just when you want to cancel your enemies strike resist only, if you dont care about this stats, just go full attack. I believe is not working ryt here, but anyways, youcan change anytime if you dont like it)

GS, well, silence it's a good choice. I would dare to say the best, but paralize is good too.

- Macro

Maybe buffs, and weapons set etc.
Never skills, you'll need fast fingers in real pvp.

- Consumables

Heal potions, scrolls, and food.
Emperor's curry its a good choice.

- Killing COMBO

Well, there's a few combos starting with ambush and the other backtab skills but I would say thats for light armor classes, SORC - RANGERS/ASSASSINS.
To fight heavier armor I suggest you to leave ambush for the end, and first quickly carve few runes and use your silence detonators and stun like a maniac, silence = unable to use remove shock so you'll have time to do stuff while you keep your enemie stunned. If you do this well you'll kill almost anything in few seconds.

Dont go there pvping templars/gladiators like you're the king of the world, better practice first, becoz this classes have Unweavering devotion, wich makes them invulnerable against stun.
Wait unstil is gone, or silence them first when they dont have it on. Once its gone, its ez.
Chanters can be a pain in the ass, they can stun/stumblelock you too, so respect them. Plus Enhancement mantra (500 stun resist) but a good chanter knows how to screw you without it anyways, XD! so prolly if you see this mantra up its just a scared guy.

Remember you can always blind them. AoE its a must, when you screw your combo. You'll have time you get your CD's back and strikeback again.

The most important thing to remember is that you're made to surprise your enemies, USE HIDE, dont let them know you're there. Stay away 40m+ before using buff without hide so their chat radar wont detect you. Then hide, stalk them a little and when they are more vulnerable attack!. 100% sure kill. But you need all of this be done, so you wont be just running around silentera killing everyone when you want, be patient, dont get angry if they kill you first, keep your temper locked when playing this class. One distraction = DEAD.

Well. If you have any other question you can ask here, or If Im missing anything. This is open for anyone with good intentions and good manners.
You can find me in game also, PM to Azshahadin.

Good luck and enjoy the game, coz is just a game. have fun! ^^

Azshahadin
Azshahadin

Back to top Go down

Assassin's Guide Empty Re: Assassin's Guide

Post  Azshahadin Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:58 am

You can watch this players killing. It's retail, so it's very different from here.
But you can learn few things once you learn and recognize wich skills are they using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xMoShgm0Zg (KOR)
https://www.youtube.com/user/SlicGW
https://www.youtube.com/user/Moony349
https://www.youtube.com/user/AIONowned

They have stigma builds here, not autolearn everything. so its more challenging and fun.
Azshahadin
Azshahadin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kendo Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:11 pm

cool guide Smile

"Unweavering devotion, wich makes them invulnerable against stun" dont forget about para stones

"Once its gone, its ez." umm, assassin can crit 100 on gladi with dp on o.0 u might wanna re-think this part.

1 thing made me wonder though "dont let them see you naked." you might wanna put on a shirt, ijs. cyclops
Kendo
Kendo

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowflake Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:06 pm

Even gladiator don't have UD on, still pain in the butt to kill with sin. Nice pic btw ninja look btw kendo. Very Happy
Snowflake
Snowflake

Back to top Go down

Post  Kendo Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:45 am

Snowflake wrote:Even gladiator don't have UD on, still pain in the butt to kill with sin. Nice pic btw ninja look btw kendo. Very Happy

ye irl imma ninja ~ ingame gladiator.... consider me an assassinator lol!
Kendo
Kendo

Back to top Go down

Post  lovetera Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:26 pm

1 thing made me wonder though "dont let them see you naked. The Tera is great game which i love the Tera gold, and Tera Items. So I often go to buy cheap Tera
gold
online.

lovetera

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down